Cannot find what you are looking for? Search on GOOGLE below! =)

Attention to all nurses!!!

Need a job now?

Access to local or foreign nursing jobs available here:

NursesGetJobs.blogspot.com

Love Story in Harvard - A Reflection
















Love Story in Harvard (2004)
Directed by: Lee Jang-Su & Lee Jin-Seok


Description:

Love Story in Harvard portrays the dream and love pursued by foreign students studying in Harvard. It demonstrates bright, hard-working, and romantic characters and storylines.

A young love story set at the famed Ivy League school in the United States. Kim Hyun Woo (Kim Rae Won), a 1st year law student at Harvard Law, enters into a rivalry with classmate Hong Jung Min (Lee Jung Jin) for the affections of beautiful medical student Lee Soo In (Kim Tae Hui). The two men are both from prestigious families, while Soo In is from a poor family. Can the trio resolve their romantic differences and chase their dreams at the same time?


The following is a part of my reflection paper back in college:

Far Eastern University

Institute of Nursing

BSN 604
Ethics and Jurisprudence
Mrs. Alma Hernandez

- A REFLECTION –

“Love Story in Harvard”

The story was very inspiring. Different scenarios gave a picture of different kinds of love. A love between a father and a child, a love of a woman to her man (the two main characters) and vice versa, the love of a lover (the lawyer) to the woman who does not love him back, and the love of an aspiring woman to her principles and chosen profession. Each of these, I think, leaves different messages to the viewers, especially to me. But the latter was the one which really caught my attention…

In one situation portrayed one courageous act of a woman. Although this woman knew that saving a dying man with her own hands would charge her of committing malpractice on her profession - even if it could mean to be the end of her ambition to be a doctor, she still did what she knew was right – to preserve a human life. I believe she was indeed very compassionate of having to think of somebody’s welfare first before hers.

I strongly affirm to the Good Samaritan Law. If I were in her position, I WOULD NOT HESITATE TO DO THE SAME THING, given the same situation – I have a knowledge of the procedure, and there was no licensed (or more competent) person available who could give the most immediate intervention that would save the man from possible death. I may be alleged of the act of negligence by the authority, but I know in the eyes of the Lord, I become a hero…which I feel is the most important thing and the moral lesson in the story.

I think the girl was given even a little right to be heard which facilitated her to express her side and let others in the courtroom hear one ethical and splendid point of view and philosophy in life.

I really do not have an idea why the hearing of the case was done on a small room like that. What I am familiar to is the large courtroom where there are the judge, lawyers of both parties and some other authorities.

I am not against any law regarding the nursing or medical profession because I think it is made as a guideline for nursing and medical practices and also safeguards not only the rights of the patient, but also our rights. That is why we have legal process wherein a certain case is being studied and analyzed as to what is right and just. And in relation to the story viewed, I think justice was observed when the woman was acquitted of the case filed against her.

If only I belong to the production of this episode, I would have suggested to them to also tackle about the ethical position of the rule of Beneficence, under of which is the “principle of double effect”. With this concept, the secondary effects (further complications or death) may be foreseen, but can never be the intended outcomes. The woman just ETHICALLY INTERVENED by trying to help the dying man (no more competent individual was present in the incident), while understanding that she would less competently perform a newly known procedure which put the client at risk of possible complications – so long as the intended effect is the former and never the latter. Furthermore, the good intention (keeping the man alive) equal or outweighs the harmful effects (death or further complications).

This movie gave me more initiative to study and strive hard on my course and made me love my chosen profession even more. Recently, because I experience difficulty and complicatedness on my studies, and also sometimes our professors relate to us some stories of indisposed malpractices and negligence of few registered nurses, I came to think of my future job – what if I happened to do a wrong procedure?; what if I also unintentionally cut my patient’s finger?; what if the child of the mother whom delivery we supposed to attend, accidentally fell down the pail receptacle?; what if my licensed was impounded (the termination of my nursing profession) because of such inadvertent mistake? – and my more other “WHAT IFs”. It really bothered me for a while. But just after I saw the movie, I was greatly enlightened, that in this vocation, what matter are putting into practice the knowledge of the ethics and jurisprudence of nursing and also the care, empathy, love and compassion I could give to whoever would need my service, then everything I will do may somehow turn out to be nothing but for their (and even my) own good and safety.





Blogged with Flock

About the TRIVIA:

The trivia contains comprehensive questions all about nursing. It includes concepts from different resources. Should you find any discrepancy in the content, kindly inform me by messaging me at feu.nurses@gmail.com so that necessary revisions can be made.


FAQS/COMMANDs:


1. To start the trivia, just type "!trivia" (minus the quotation mark) and the trivia should begin giving out a question. To stop the trivia, just type "!stop" (again, minus the quotations).

Note: Sometimes, you may not know that the trivia is already set or running, so you should stop the trivia first (by doing the necessary command, stated above), and then, start it again.

2. When you join the channel, you will be given a default nickname of "Visitor#".

It is advisable that you change your name first, or even better, you register a nickname before you answer questions. It will help us to identify you and collect your points when you answer a question correctly. Be sure to use the same nickname everytime you join the channel or answer trivia.

To assign your nickname, just type your desired nickname in the box on the lower right corner of the chatbox.

3. The scores will be updated from time to time and posted in ranks. Enjoy the trivia! ^_^

Get this at zSIFT.com


2007 UAAP Cheerdance Competition

Far Eastern University